Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Emily's Goodbye


Of course she wouldn't go do the assignment. I don’t blame her, but Laura needs to think about school some more. I am afraid that if she keeps up like this she won’t graduate.
As we are in the bus on the way to the ferries I look around and see a bunch of exhausted people. Laura is in the front of the bus almost half asleep. Alex is also catching some Z’s. I feel something at the back of my head and I turn around to see Jack throwing small balls of paper at me. He chuckles and waves me over. As I sit next to him he starts talking, and it ends up with him asking what my plans are after graduation. “Well, Laura and I were planning on travelling for maybe a year or so, but we need to gather the money first” I say shrugging. I look at him and see his expression change. I do not quite know what is on his mind, but he looks mischievous. He motions for Matt to come over and whispers something in his ear. Matt gets the same expression as Jack and I don’t know if I should be afraid. They tell me that Laura and I should come work for them, which catches completely off guard. “Are you serious?” I ask, I have to be sure. They are. We tell Laura and just seeing the stars in her eyes makes me remember just how much this girl has gone through; finally she can catch a break.


At the ferries when we have to say goodbye to the guys each of them hug me. Zack is the last one to do so though. He kisses my cheek and slips a piece of paper in my hands, it has his number and his e-mail address. He tells me to write him when I get home, and I promise him to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment