Sunday, September 15, 2013

The next day Emily comes over

It is around noon when Emily walks into your room. You are surprised when she does, you didn't hear her come in, but then again; you were listening to music on you radio. You do this every Saturday between 11am and 1pm, because they air a special podcast that you like to listen to. Emily also listens to it. Today they focused on the newest of Panic! At the Disco’s albums: Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die!
“Hey babes” she said and sat down next to you.
“Hey. I didn't know you were already here. I didn't hear you” you said hugging her.
“Well I just walked in”
“Of course you did”
“What are you doing?” she asks you.
“Editing my photos… Here look at this” you open a file on your computer. This is a photo you have been working on for quite some time now, and now it was finally time to show Emily.
“Wow. Is that me? I look so pretty” her eyes got big. The photo was of her dancing at a party the two of you went to a month ago. All the people in the background were edited out, so it looked like she was dancing in a blur of lights.
“You always are, love” you told her.
“Aw, thank you” she hugs you “oh, that reminds me of something. I saw this thing. It’s a competition” she says. A competition, what kind? You think, but before you have the chance to ask she takes your mac and opens a website. It’s a photo competition.
“Winners get 200 dollars and the photo will be in some kind of big campaign. The photo just have to be of someone moving, you know like dancing or doing some sort of sport, and you have that right here. Isn't it perfect?” you don’t believe what you are hearing. This could actually be you chance to get into the photography industry; that was always your dream.
“Mmmm, I don’t know” you are a bit concerned, what if you are not good enough?

“You have to enter, or I’m entering for you” Emily threatened.




No comments:

Post a Comment