Sunday, September 8, 2013

You tell her to stay out

You don’t want your mom to see you like this, and quite frankly you really just don’t want to talk to her right now. You have nothing to say to her, so you ignore her knocking.
“Laura open the door please” you hear her say.
“No stay out, I don’t wanna talk right now” you try to sound like you haven’t just been crying, but your effort is not worth it since she continues to knock. This is where you get an idea. You get up and walk straight to you stereo. You pick out an All Time Low album; you know exactly which song you should put on. The album is their newest one; ‘Don’t Panic’, and the song is of course ‘The Reckless and the Brave’. As you try to drown out your mother’s voice with the music you little by little forget that you were sad. This is what the music can do to you. You dance around in your room and don’t even realize that your mom has opened the door and is now watching you. You turn around and see her laughing. Your dad is standing right behind her smiling as well.
“What?” you ask.
“It really means that much to you?” your mom asks.
“YES!” you nod.
“Listen sweetheart” she starts “I can’t tell you that I understand, but I can see that this is actually something you really want.” She pauses and sighs. “You promise to stay with Emily the whole day and throughout the concert?” Is she really saying what you think she’s saying?
“Yes mom, I promise not to leave her side for even just a second” you tell her.
“Okay then, you can go, but on one condition.” A big smile just appeared on your face, you didn't really care what the condition was; you had your permission now. “Keep us contacted, we want to know how you are, or if anything happens, okay?”
 “And you have to pay for the ticket yourself” your dad buds in.
“I can do that. Thank you, thank you, thank you” you say over and over again.
Before they leave your room you tell them that Emily is coming over tomorrow, and they are fine with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment